Trauma & PTSD Treatment
There are so many things that can be traumatic. For example, some people who are in a car accident have nightmares for a long time after the accident. For years after that, they may still be scared when taking car rides. Some people don’t ride in cars after they were in an accident because of how scared they are. If you are this person, don’t be ashamed. You aren’t alone.
Whether you were in an accident or had another traumatic experience, we want to make sure you are getting the trauma & PTSD treatment you need. Reach out to our team at Riverwalk Recovery Center in Chattanooga, TN today to find out more about this type of treatment.
Symptoms of PTSD
Are you unsure of whether you have the PTSD diagnosis? While you can’t officially diagnose yourself, it may be a good idea to look over a list of symptoms for post-traumatic stress disorder. Some of these symptoms include:
- Feeling like someone is always watching or following you
- Being jumpy when someone stands too close to you
- Not trusting people in your life
- Avoiding strangers at all costs
- Isolating from loved ones because you don’t think they will understand
- Feeling like a burden because your anxiety after the incident has become too much
- Crying a lot of the time
- Being depressed
- Getting anxious most days
Do you find yourself doing any of these things after a traumatic event? If so, you could possibly have PTSD. We would like to speak with you about the event that happened. Then, if needed, we would like to get you into a trauma and PTSD treatment program.
Various Types of Trauma & PTSD Treatments
Are you dealing with the effects and symptoms of a traumatic event? Maybe, you were previously diagnosed with PTSD. Maybe, you haven’t seen any professionals yet regarding treatment. Either way, we want you to know about the various types of trauma & PTSD treatments we offer at our center. Some of these treatments include:
- Holistic treatments such as mindfulness meditation, adventure therapy, and yoga
- Dialectic behavioral therapy
- 12 step models for co-occurring disorders (addiction and PTSD)
- Motivational interviewing
- Individualized care plans
- Medically-monitored detox services
- Medication management
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Importance of creating healthy lifestyle habits and skills
- Education on mental health illness
- Education on substance abuse
- Activity therapy
- Family therapy
- Continuing care
From the list here today, you can see that we care about our clients. We want to make sure that everyone who comes to us for trauma and PTSD treatment is able to get the help they are looking for. We want to help you overcome the emotional, behavioral, substance abuse and cognitive concerns related to PTSD.
Get Trauma and PTSD Treatment Today
Now you have learned about some common symptoms of trauma and PTSD. You now know what types of treatments are offered in a trauma & PTSD treatment program, too.
Do you have PTSD or do you need help after something traumatic has happened? If so, please contact us here at Riverwalk Recovery Center in Chattanooga, TN today. You can begin your trauma and PTSD treatment center program.
Most Insurance Accepted
We work with most major insurance carriers and offer a range of options to fit your lifestyle and financial means