Admissions Process for our Chattanooga Drug Rehab Center
Riverwalk Recovery Center brings the Harmony Recovery Group brand of addiction care to Chattanooga, TN. We are proud to deliver treatment for mental illnesses including depression, anxiety and eating disorders as well. Built with Harmony’s proven evidence-based approach, Riverwalk Recovery Center offers treatment you can trust.
We take the privilege of helping your or your loved one change their life very seriously and we consider it an honor. We are dedicated to empowering every client to adopt a recovery lifestyle that stands the test of time. Read on to learn about how our admissions procedure works.
Get the addiction treatment and mental health care you need. Call now.
Getting started is easy. All it takes is a phone call to our kind admissions staff. We understand what it means to live with addiction or mental illnesses. We will listen and explain everything Riverwalk Recovery offers. If you choose to use health insurance for treatment, we’ll conduct a confidential verification of benefits for you at this time.
The HIPAA law protects all of your information and you will not be obligated to anything. This process is designed to help make admission as easy as possible for you. The insurance verification, assessment and planning can usually be wrapped up in an afternoon. Our focus is on making this part of the process as effortless as possible for you. We want you to focus on getting well. You can leave the rest up to us. At the end of this introduction you will find a helpful list of what to bring to treatment.
A short, over the phone assessment with the prospective patient is the next step. Medical history, past treatment (if any) and previous diagnoses will be discussed. If addiction is among your challenges, we’ll ask you to describe your alcohol and/or drug use. All of this information helps us prepare for your stay.
We encourage you to be as honest and open as possible here. We are not here to judge. You also won’t tell us anything we haven’t heard before, so don’t be ashamed or shy. We treat every addiction under the sun here. We’ve seen it all and we know how to help. Our most important mission is to deliver the best care possible. The best way you can help us to that is by sharing as much information about your use or mental health symptoms as you can. Help us get a complete picture.
Planning is the final stage of treatment preparation. Our clinical director will carefully look over your evaluation to make sure that Riverwalk Recovery is the right fit for you. If you live outside of the Chattanooga area, we’ll help coordinate any travel plans with you. Chattanooga Airport is a short drive from our clinical offices and partnered supportive housing. We can pick you up and have you all checked in just an hour or two. We also have some helpful advice on what to bring towards the bottom of this page.
When you know your date of admission, you can start packing your bags. Be sure to look over our pre-admissions checklist so that you don’t forget anything or bring anything that’s not allowed. There’s plenty for you to do here, we promise you won’t be bored! Bringing a book or some magazines is a good idea though especially if you’re travelling a ways to get here. Feel free to call us anytime if you have questions about what to bring or the admissions process. We can’t wait to meet you and get you started on your recovery journey! The pre-admissions checklist we mentioned follows below. See you soon!
We’re ready to help if you’re ready to call. Let’s get started.
What to Bring:
- State Issued Picture I.D. (Driver’s License or Passport )
- Insurance and Prescription Cards
- All medications (in original bottles )
- Please supply a credit card, reloadable debit card, or cash for toiletries, cigarettes ( if applicable ) and other items you may need to restock while you are here.
- Clothing appropriate for gym
- Personal Care items/toiletries: NO ALCOHOL-BASED PRODUCTS.
- Eyeglasses, contact lenses & appropriate accessories
- Comfortable, casual tops or T-shirts (clothing that promotes sex, drugs, alcohol, violence or offensive messages of any kind is prohibited.) No low cut, see through or skin tight shirts.
- Appropriate length shorts.
- Gym / workout clothes
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn at all times.
- Rain jacket, light sweater or warm coat (depending on time of year)
Items NOT to bring:
- Provocative clothing
- Perfume, cologne, body sprays or aerosol products of any kind.
- Mouthwash or any other products containing alcohol.
- Valuables (including jewelry)
- Addicting or narcotic medications including, but not limited to: Xanax, Valium, Klonopin, and Adderall