One of the most well-researched and effective treatments for addiction and mental health conditions is cognitive behavioral therapy. This is a therapeutic treatment option that many professionals agree should be offered as a part of anyone’s treatment program.
Do you have an addiction or a mental health illness? If so, we know that you may be used to circling with negative thoughts, self-doubt and other destructive behavior patterns. The good news is that our Riverwalk Recovery Center team believes that we can help you to work through these issues and create the life you want to be living. We also believe that cognitive behavioral therapy services may be able to benefit your recovery, as well.
Using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Addiction Recovery
People who struggle with addiction to drugs or alcohol or who have a mental health illness often have difficulties thinking positively. Sometimes, it is tough for people who have these health conditions to problem solve and overcome tough situations. The good news is that you can start working on a path to recovery. You can overcome the addiction. You can start managing and easing symptoms of a mental health disorder. Cognitive behavioral therapy might be just what you need to make the progress you have been looking for.
Some benefits you may obtain from using cognitive behavioral therapy during your entry into a life of recovery include:
- Learning how to change negative thoughts and behaviors into healthy, positive ones
- Being able to improve your mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical health
- Learning to focus on things you can control and letting go of what you can’t control
- Understanding that everyone has negative thoughts from time to time, it is a matter of what you do with those thoughts that can change your life
- Learning about tools and other resources that can help you to build your life from the addictive lifestyle you were living to a recovering lifestyle that you can be proud of
- Developing healthy coping skills, so you can lower your chances of relapsing
When you work with the therapist here at Riverwalk Recovery Center, you can start understanding more about your thoughts and behavior patterns. You can start to process what has happened in your addictive lifestyle or with your mental health disorder. After doing this, you can use what you learn and apply it to the recovering lifestyle you are developing.
Other Benefits You Can Receive from CBT
If you decide to attend cognitive behavioral therapy sessions in your treatment program here at Riverwalk Recovery Center, you can benefit in numerous ways. Some of the benefits that you might be able to expect include:
- Being able to focus on your recovery, so you can have a better chance of healing and living your best life
- Utilizing an evidence-based treatment (this means you have a greater chance of succeeding in recovery since the treatment has been proven to help people in addiction and mental health disorder recovery programs)
- Learning to acknowledge and accept your past behaviors
- Learning from your mistakes and learning how to change the way you handle situations in the future
- Altering the way you view certain parts of your life
- Creating healthy boundaries with the people in your life
- Improving the way you handle other people’s problems (not trying to control their life)
- Understanding that you don’t need alcohol or drugs to cope with life’s stressors
- Addressing your self-destructive behaviors and learning how to prevent yourself from acting in those ways during your recovery
From this list, you can see the benefits of CBT are great for your recovery. If you haven’t been to cognitive behavioral therapy in the past, now is the time to check it out. If you want to talk to someone about these benefits or any others that you would like to have in your recovery, don’t hesitate to let us know today.
Get Further Into Recovery with the Help of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Services
Do you need to recover from a mental health illness or an addiction to alcohol or drugs? If so, there are many ways that you can go about this process. We would first like to encourage you to reach out to our Riverwalk Recovery Center team. We offer treatments that can help boost your chances of being successful in recovery. One such treatment is cognitive behavioral therapy. You have read about this treatment here today. We would be happy to give you more information about this service, as well.
From this point forward, you can make the decision to better your life. You can make the decision to choose happiness over substance abuse and calmness or chaos.
Contact us today to get further into your recovery with the help of cognitive behavioral therapy services.
Most Insurance Accepted
We work with most major insurance carriers and offer a range of options to fit your lifestyle and financial means
Contact us for help today
We Have A Program To Fit Your Lifestyle
Whether you are struggling with depression, addiction, an eating disorder or some combination of these, we can help. All you need to do is make the first move and reach out to us. Let’s get you better, together.