Eating Disorder Treatment
There are different forms of eating disorders. Some of the commonly known ones include binge eating disorder, bulimia and anorexia. Each eating disorder has underlying causes and symptoms. Most of the time, people who struggle with eating disorders have underlying emotional or mental pain. They may have a negative self-image, anxiety or depression.
Unfortunately, a lot of people with this disorder are afraid to ask for help. They don’t know who to turn to or what to do. If this is what you have thought or you just have questions about eating disorder treatment, contact us here at Riverwalk Recovery Center in Chattanooga, TN. We will be happy to guide you in the right direction for the treatment of the eating disorder.
Anorexia nervosa is one type of eating disorder. It is essentially when a person starves themselves in all attempts to lose as much weight as possible. This isn’t healthy weight loss like someone trying to lose 30 pounds over the course of 1 year. It is when someone becomes dangerously thin. They restrict their meals to get as skinny as they can.
Some symptoms of anorexia nervosa include:
- Restricting food intake and counting calories strictly
- Overwhelming fears of being called fat or seen as anything but skinny
- Distorted body image such as believing you weigh more than you actually do
- Denial about being at an unhealthy, low weight
If you have this eating disorder, you can reach out to our team at Riverwalk Recovery Center. We do offer treatments for anorexia nervosa.
Another eating disorder is called bulimia nervosa. This type of eating disorder occurs when someone alternates binge eating and vomiting to prevent themselves from gaining weight. Some common symptoms of bulimia include:
- Feeling helpless about the eating habits you have
- Exercising excessively to manage weight
- Consuming a lot of food at once
- Using diuretics or laxatives to induce vomiting after eating
- Spending a lot of time in bathrooms to purge after eating
- Not having control over eating behaviors
- Raspy voice and tooth decay
If you have bulimia nervosa, we want you to know that we are here for you. Our eating disorder treatment program may be just what you need to overcome and treat this disorder.
Binge Eating Treatment
Another eating disorder a person might have is known as binge eating. Some symptoms of this disorder include:
- Compulsive eating
- Eating a lot of food at once
- Eating food to deal with feelings
- Eating even when you aren’t hungry
- Feeling bad about yourself after eating a lot
Do you have a binge eating disorder? If so, reach out to us today to get into a treatment program that is right for you.
Start Attending an Eating Disorder Treatment Program Today
Do you have any of the above-noted eating disorders? If so, or if you have any other type of eating disorder, our Riverwalk Recovery team can help you. We believe in you and your recovery.
Contact us today to start your enrollment in an eating disorder treatment program.
Most Insurance Accepted
We work with most major insurance carriers and offer a range of options to fit your lifestyle and financial means